The Golden Gate Area Council International Committee presents Jamboree-on-the-Air (JOTA) 2020 and Jamboree-on-the-Internet (JOTI) 2020.
Jamboree-on-the-Air is an annual International event in which Scouts and Guides all over the world speak to each other by means of amateur radio. Scouting experiences are exchanged and ideas are shared, via the radio waves. Each year about half-a-million Scouts and Guides “get together” over the airwaves for the annual JOTA.
JOTI is a similar event but uses the Internet. JOTA and JOTI will be different this year.
- JOTA will take place at Camp Herms.
- JOTI may be done from your home by signing up at: https://www.jotajoti.info/ and using your computer.
Video introduction to JOTA-JOTI:. https://vimeo.com/191558208
Scouting Magazine article on JOTA-JOTI:: https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2018/06/21/
Date: Saturday, October 17, 2020
Time: Come anytime from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. BUT YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR A 1-HOUR TIME SLOT!
Typical time onsite is 1 hour.
Place: Camp Herms, 1100 James Place, El Cerrito, CA
Cost: $15 includes JOTA patch
Registration: Registration required at: https://www.scoutingevent.com/023-JOTAJOTI2020
- All COVID-19 safety guidelines will be followed. ALL attendees must wear masks, keep physically-distanced from others, and bring a small personal of hand-sanitizer. All activities will be outside.
- Snacks, drinks, or lunch will NOT be provided, so bring your own if needed.
- BSA Jamboree-on-the-Air 2020 patches will be mailed out when we receive them.
For All Scouts:
All scouts will learn about amateur radio - what it is, how it works, types of equipment, and how to use it. Scouts will have an opportunity practice 2-way radio communications using UHF radios, and will have a chance to listen to and talk to other scouts and ham radio operators participating in Jamboree-on-the-Air.
For Cub Scouts:
Webelos/AOL scouts will have an opportunity to complete Requirement 10.d. for Building a Better World Adventure.
For Scouts BSA & Venturers:
The Radio Merit Badge requirement # 9a or #9d may be completed. There may be an opportunity to take the rest of the Radio MB training at a future date.
- Dave Shaw - WB6WTM; email@example.com; C:650-438-9805
- Roy Adam - N6FUN; firstname.lastname@example.org; C:510-932-9815
- Rand Mahoney - W6TRM; email@example.com; C: 925-899-3840
Saturday 10-17-2020 9:00 AM PT to 10:00 AM PT Past
JOTA: 10-11 am session
Saturday 10-17-2020 10:00 AM PT to 11:00 AM PT Past
JOTA: 11am-12pm session
Saturday 10-17-2020 11:00 AM PT to 12:00 PM PT Past
JOTA: 12-1 pm session
Saturday 10-17-2020 12:00 PM PT to 1:00 PM PT Past
JOTA: 1-2 pm session
Saturday 10-17-2020 1:00 PM PT to 2:00 PM PT Past
JOTA: 2-3 pm session
Saturday 10-17-2020 2:00 PM PT to 3:00 PM PT Past