BSA Certified Angling Instructor Course
BSA Certified Angling Instructor Course and TPWD Angler Education Instructor Training
Become a BSA Certified Angling Instructor and a TPWD Angler Education Instructor!
Hosted by the BSA National Fishing Committee, Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept., & Longhorn Council.
Scouts deserve the opportunity to learn how to fish and to enjoy fishing for a lifetime of pleasure. You can make a difference for our Scouts by learning how to bring fishing and conservation to them. The CAi course will serve to prepare you how best to bring fishing to Scouts. The TPWD certification will enable you to borrow an instructor box to teach fishing skills, equipment to take scouts fishing and order literature – all for free.
TPWD State Volunteer Instructor Registration.
Be sure to register for free as a state volunteer instructor. Click here and select the blue Sign-Up button to become a state volunteer instructor: https://bit.ly/2GZPGa6
- Learn basic fishing skills – casting, knots and best ways to teach to Cub Scouts
- Learn the basic fly-fishing skills - fly-casting, fly tying, knots and the best way to teach them to Scouts.
- Become recognized as a BSA CAI, an official train-the-trainer certification CS-61. Receive a CAI patch and Certificate.
- As a BSA CAI, you will have an opportunity to get fishing and fly-fishing equipment at greatly reduced rates for teaching Scouts.
- As a TPWD Angler Ed Instructor you have additional curriculum resources, free equipment rentals (whenever available), materials and support from TPWD to help volunteers successfully introduce youth and their families to fishing.
TPWD Angler Education Instructor Course Fee: Free
BSA Certified Angling Instructor Course Fee: $75
- Includes all food
- CAI course,
- CAI materials,
Who should attend?
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! Nor is any personal fishing equipment required to take the course. Participants include Merit Badge Counselors, Den Leaders, Assistant Scoutmasters, Committee Members, Cubmasters, Scoutmasters, Camp Program Directors, current Summer Camp Fishing and Fly Fishing MB Counselors (staff must be at least 15 y.o.), and Cub Scout Day Camp Staff.
CAI will prepare leaders to instruct Scouts in fishing and fly fishing and plan outdoor activities in all seasons. Leaders who take this course qualify as fishing and fly fishing merit badge counselors. The TPWD Angler Ed Instructor Training is also ideal for Scout & other youth group leaders, teachers, camp staffs, and community volunteers. TEA-approved CPE credit is available for teachers.
Friday 03-13-2020 5:00 PM CT to
Sunday 03-15-2020 3:00 PM CT Past