2023 Fort Snelling National Cemetery Service Project (Wreath Clean-Up)
Totanhan Nakaha Lodge - Order of the Arrow:
2023 Fort Snelling National Cemetery Service Project
Scout and Non-Scout Registration
This no cost service event will run from 9AM to 12PM on Saturday February 4, 2023 and is open to all (Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venturers, and the general public). The service event consists of removing wreaths and holiday decorations from memorials on the grounds of the Ft. Snelling National Cemetery.
Register by individuals or by group. Use the registration button on the right to register. Enter in the number of adults and youth coming as a part of your group within each category and then provide your contact information (contact Information necessary to provide pre-arrival information via email).
Annual Health and Medical Records are required for all Scouting participants. Participating units should ensure that members have parts A and B of the Annual Health and Medical Record. Forms will be retained by participants or units, but will need to be presented.
All forms can be found in the attachment section of this landing page.
Event Staff Help Need:
During the registration process you will be prompted whether or not you have any volunteers that may be able to assist in specialist roles during the event. We are always looking for individuals that are able to serve as members of the dumpster teams, and drivers (transporting wreaths to dumpster areas with personal vehicles or open top trailers).
If you have a truck or open top trailer, please consider bringing them to assist with the hauling component of the clean-up.
Fort Snelling National Cemetery is adjacent to the Minneapolis/ St. Paul International Airport at 7601 34th Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55450. After registering, you will receive instuctions on your assigned entry gate and work area. The use of gates/ areas is to help ease traffic flow entering the cemetery grounds for the event. Close to 1,000 volunteers are expected to attend, so please ensure that you follow arrival instructions that will be sent out the week prior to the event.
In order to provide updates to participants ahead of the event, as well as assist in designating arrival gates, we are asking that all participants pre-register for the event. Prior to the event, registrant contacts will receive a notice with specific arrival instructions.
Good to Know:
- Weather: Always plan for cold weather! The event will adhere to Northern Star’s policy regarding winter weather listed here. Medical personnel on site at each of the three cemetery sections to assist with first aid if-needed.
- Walk-ins: You are strongly encouraged to pre-register your attendee count, but walk-ins will be allowed. Please follow the entry instructions for your group regarding your gate/ area for arrival.
- Map: An updated event map has been added as an attachment to this site.
- For those clearing headstones, it is recommended to bring sleds for transporting wreaths, and wire cutters for undoing attachment wires.
- Drivers are encouraged to bring open top trailers and trucks when possible to assist in moving collected material to the dumpster areas.
Last updated: 12/29/2022