Central Region Symposium
Registration closes on Tuesday, March 12th at 5:00 pm.
Central Region Training Symposium - 2019
The Mid-America Council is hosting the second annual Central Region Training Symposium at Camp Belzer, in Lawrence, Indiana. The Conference will be held on March 15, 16, and 17.
Experience new perspectives that will help improve training programs at all levels of the Scouting Program. The annual event has been specifically designed to provide significant opportunities for everyone involved in Training, as well as Council Key-3 and Vice Presidents of Training, to experience new perspectives that will help improve training programs at all levels of the Scouting Program.
Registration for the event is $65.00, which includes the Conference Fee and meals.
Three choices for lodging for the weekend:
Saturday, March 16th, 2019
- “Welcome & What’s New at Scouting U” Joel Eacker, Scouting U Vice-Chair/Learning Delivery
- Rounding Out Your Leadership: An Introduction to “The 360 Degree Leader” James Keller, LLM, Area 2 Sea Scouting Training Officer, & Blair Piotrowski, VP of Program, Blackhawk Area Council
- “Family Scouting” Paula Puchajda, Council Training Team Lake Erie Council
- “What is new with and how to measure the success of Wood Badge and NYLT” Heidi Gunyon, Central Region Wood Badge Coordinator
- “Venturing – Keeping it Relevant” by Kris Zahrobsky, Past National Venturing Advisor & Pamela Petterchalk, Central Region Venturing President
- “Creating a Training Culture” by Greg Gunyon, Greater St. Louis Area Council
- “Communications and Marketing” by Mike Moegenburg, Marketing and Communications Chair National Commissioner Service Team
- “Youth Leadership Development Training: Beyond the Unit” Elizabeth Paling, Bay Lakes Council
- HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD! Participate in a group session to determine best practices and recommendations for ways that training can help with membership and retention! Results will be delivered to National as a potential solution to recent drop in membership in the Tiger Cub program.
- “Informal Fireside Chat” with Joel Eacker, Vice Chairman Scouting U
Sunday, March 17th, 2019
Breakfast, Closing, & Evaluations. Adjourn by 9 am.
Friday 03-15-2019 6:00 PM ET to
Sunday 03-17-2019 10:00 AM ET Past
7125 Fall Creek Rd N
Indianapolis, Indiana 46256