2024 Annual Scout Shabbat
Please join us in celebrating Scouting’s 108th anniversary with Scout Shabbat Services. The National Jewish Committee on Scouting (NJCOS) urges all Jewish Scouting youth to show pride in their faith by holding a Scout Shabbat service for their Unit, District, or Council.
Since 2015, The San Gabriel Valley District's Boy Scout Religious Committee has coordinated a yearly San Gabriel Valley celebration. The Tenth Annual Event will be hosted at Temple Beth Israel in Pomona for all Scouting Youth and Scouters.
- Friday, February 9, 2024
- Packet Pick Up with Patches and/or Kippot (6:30 PM- 7:15 PM)
- Take your seats at (7:15 PM)
- Service (7:30 PM to 9:00 PM)
- If you are just attending its FREE!!! Please RSVP so that we have enough refreshments.
- If you enjoy patches and would like the unique Scout Shabbat 2024 Patch, it is available for $6.00
- To celebrate the 10th Annual Event, we will be selling an embroidered Scout Kippot for $10.00
- Please direct any questions about this event to Cheryl Becker, Religious Emblems Coordinator/Committee Member for San Gabriel Valley Boy Scout District, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scouts should wear their Class A uniforms, sashes, and any Scouting religious awards earned.
- Scout Shabbat is open to Scouts of all religions.
- Refreshments will be provided after the service; donations of sweets are appreciated.
- Scouts can obtain the event patch through the National Jewish Council on the Scouting website or by ordering them through Tentaroo. They will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. They will not be for sale at the service. This is out of respect for the Temple.
Sponsored by Temple Beth Israel, the San Gabriel Valley District, Boy Scout Religious Committee, and Troop 818.
7:15 PM PT to 9:00 PM PT